Thursday, July 14, 2011

Bible in 90 Days-Day 4 SOAP

Reading so much in a day I am finding it challenging to pick one scripture that sticks out to me.  I am capturing the one that I feel right now hit me most and then will sum up in my observation the overall picture I felt I learned from the Lord today. ;)




Scripture:


Genesis 41:34
"34 Then Pharaoh should appoint supervisors over the land and let them collect one-fifth of all the crops during the seven good years."  


Observation(What might He be telling me with this scripture?)

Reading this about how Joseph heard the dream, knew all of these things that were to come, and how he said we need 1/5 of the crops to store up so they would not run out of food for the 7 year famine.  I found that amazing.  I also found that it showed how God was truly leading him.  I tried to picture myself in a similar situation and having to organize all of this, how overwhelming.  But Joseph, he was (or at least seemed to me) to be very composed and just following the lead of whatever the Lord put in front of him or told him to do.  He gives me strength and more trust in the Lord just reading all about him.  


Application(How can I apply it to my life?)


Just trust in the Lord. The thought that comes to my mind right now is trust and obey.  Or as Charles Stanley says, "Obey God and leave all the consequences to Him."  Daily I can remember this.


Prayer:  (What is my prayer to ask God in helping me to make that application?)


Lord I ask for your strength and I ask for more faith and ability to trust you.  In each moment through the day, to rest in You, to just hear Your sweet gentle voice whispering to me and to follow you all day long.  To not question you or think I can do something on my own, but to trust you, Lord, and to trust and obey or to obey you Lord and leave all the consequences to You.  You alone are all I need and I pray as I read Your love letter to me and also as others read, that you would help us fall head over heels in love with you more every day and that you would shine through us and our love for you will just glow to all who are around us.  I Love you Lord, thank you for this day and for your protection and peace as it was a challenging day.  Praise the Lord, Abba! In Jesus Name, Amen


This song below is on my heart, amazing, and I can picture Joseph singing it and I want to sing it in my heart and live it.  


More later...Love to you!








No comments:

Post a Comment