Sunday, July 17, 2011

Bible in 90 Days-Day 7

Good evening!  Welcome to my journey of walking through God's Word, His love letter to His children, in 90 days.  


Scripture:


14 You must worship no other gods, for the Lord, whose very name is Jealous, is a God who is jealous about his relationship with you. Exodus 34:14


Observation:


I am, as I go through this journey in my journal, saving a page where I am going to attempt to list all of God's names, or character qualities.  Jealous was the name I saw today that spoke to me.  It makes me feel special that He is jealous for me.  


Application:


I can remember each day that God loves me.  It is so easy for me to not think that, and believe lies that I'm not good enough.  Remember to ask Him often if there are areas in my life that are gods above Him, because He alone is jealous for me and wants me to be committed to Him and nothing else above Him.


Prayer:


Lord help me to remember how much you love me each day, each moment.  Help me Lord to not have any gods other than You, Abba.  Reveal to me if there are any in my heart of life that are not from You and help me to remove what I need to with Your courage, guidance and strength.  In Jesus Name, Amen


Take a listen...let it speak to your heart...its on my heart now...


1 comment:

  1. This is the first time I had noticed that He was called Jealous. It really makes you think about how much he loves you and wants a relationship with you.

    ReplyDelete