Monday, February 13, 2012

10 Million Things

There are 10 million things I could write about right now it seems.  This morning the battle in my mind I cannot being to explain.  It is amazing how crazy it can be on the inside when on the outside we can appear just fine.  Crazy I say!

business,choices,decisions,directions,metaphors,options,roads,signs,women,people

So today there are a few things I want to chat about.  One is that Monday is for the kitchen!  So today I plan to set my timer and I will move all things off floor and sweep and mop.  Then I will wipe cabinets with soapy cloth and feel so refreshed because I love a good clean kitchen floor!  You know there are those things in your house, where for you, when it is done it is all good.  It feels like your house is clean.  But if "it" is not done, then it seems so dirty and chaotic.  Well that is my "it"...the kitchen floor.

So if you ever feel overwhelmed about your house and you don't know where to start...search your heart a minute, take a mental walk around your house and find that one thing.  What is it for you that when it is done/clean/organized you feel better and at ease?  Is it your kitchen sink, kitchen floor, ring around that toilet, bathroom counters wiped off, clutter picked off the floors in the house...?

business,businessmen,gestures,hands raised,happiness,kneeling,praying,smiling,thankful,relief

The next thing is this.  When my mind is frazzled and 10 million things are running around...God reminded me this morning to stop, take my focus off of myself and towards Him, and praise Him.  Ask Him for His plans for me in my mind and in my day.  Keeping myself focused on myself is not going to help me at all.  

I made a short list that can be so super infinity long about God and all He is to me and all He is period.  Those things included:  Lover of my soul, my perfect provision, Creator of all things, I'm the apple of His eye, the most awesome sky I saw when I walked out my front door this morning, He made that!  Then I went on and made a list of who I am in Him.  If I get all mixed up in my head and forget who I am in Him, that is wasting time, ack!!!  Remind me so many times that again and again, and I will continue to need reminding.  I am MORE than a conqueror through Him, I am the apple of His eye, I am dead to sin and alive in Christ!!  I am a child of the living God!!  He lives in me!  I am a new creation!  AMAZING.

So now to restart my day and freshen up.  Reminders to myself, I do NOT have to have a perfect day.  This day will not be perfect.  If I try and go by my plans especially, it will not be perfect.  I will always be in His sight and in His hand.

Psalm 139:10 ..."even there your hand will guide me, and your strength will support me."



Can I pray for you today?  

More later...Love to you!
Kim :)


No comments:

Post a Comment