Sunday, February 26, 2012

Discipline...Me? Check-in

On February 11, 2011 I posted about discipline and I shared some goals I was looking to work on the rest of February.  This is a "check-in" post to see how things are moving and to stay focused on what I was setting my goals towards.

check mark,check marks,OK,symbols,tick mark,tick marks,ticks


My goals were 1, 2, 3:
  1. Wake up at 5:30 when alarm goes off and hit the floor with my feet.  Enjoy exercise quiet time and shower before children wake up.  How am I doing?  Well I have managed instead of snoozing until 7am, I am most consistently up by 6:15am and up before the children.  A few times I have had quiet time, but exercise and shower has not happened yet.  I consider this a great progress!
  2. Plan my day in the morning (may I add plan it with asking God what His plans for me are) so that I have a structure throughout the day.  How am I doing?  I just Friday printed a great daily docket list after reading through an ebook I have which I am loving called Organized Simplicity-by www.simplemom.net.  This is planning one day at a time, period.  I like it.
  3. Do at least 15 minutes of cleaning task with assigned room for each week.  How am I doing?  Well I changed this.  I don't like having something to do every day like this.  I realized that I want my home clean for the weekend, becasue what has happened normally is that by Saturday I am sick of seeing the house dirty and now have time so I spend Saturday cleaning up as I go all day long.  This is not a relaxing day for me.  So I want my home clean on Friday to prepare for the weekend going into it with a clean home.  So I am going to work on implementing Flylady's Home Blessing Hour.  Picking 6 things in the home and spend 10 minutes on each.  Instead of sticking with the things she says, I will pick what needs most in the home.  This past Friday I chose 6 things and got 5 of them done.  The weekend has been much nicer having everything clean and refreshed.  Then daily I will do my 1, 2, 3's which are 1 load of laundry, dishes and 10 minute declutter.  I have to remember in this season of life I need to have realistic expectations.



3in30 Challenge

Thanks for listening.  Is there anything you have learned in your home that works best for you in keeping it clean but not obsessing over it?

More later...Love to you!
Kim :)

6 comments:

  1. I really like how you are tackling your home one step at a time. I always have to realize that a little at a time is better than getting overwhelmed and quit.. Thanks for stopping by my blog for the 3 in 30. I am now following you and looking forward to reading more of your blog. many blessings <><

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes I quit far too often when I try and have this big plan laid out. So one day at a time is how it will go for now :)

      Delete
  2. Good job! Success in all three goals is excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job! I think it is great that you are tackling things one day at a time. At least you had progress in the right way, and that is certainly saying something!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes and ya know before I went back to do this follow up post I kind of had forgotten what I had set out to do and was sort of going through the motions. So seeing them again refreshed me and reminded me where I was and I was really excited to see the little progress I had made just from setting those 3 goals. I'm looking forward to small changes continuously :)

      Delete