Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Timer is My Friend

Timers.  Until I met Flylady I never used a timer for much really, maybe some type of exercise things.

dining,food,households,housewares,kitchens,objects,Photographs,timers

She says you can do anything for 15 minutes.  She breaks down house cleaning tasks into 15 minutes a day.  It is neat to see when I do something for 15 minutes every day, different focus each day, how much better I feel and how I see progress in the house and more organization and cleanliness.  It also motivates me to do a little more.

I have since added timers to other things as well.  One thing is making the childrens lunch in the mornings.  If I am running late especially, but hoping that habit is being broken with new habits taking over nowadays, I set the timer for 10 minutes and make sure that I focus just on making lunches and I know I will be done in 10 minutes with that.  Then onto the next thing.  I can break things down into periods of time so that I know how much time I have and how long I will take.  It is a nifty little tool!

p.s. I like to use my microwave timer!

Have you tried using a timer for anything?  Share any tips or ideas you have!

More later...Love to you!
Kim :)

No comments:

Post a Comment