Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Think About These Things~God's Makeover

In walking with Jesus and letting Him give me the makeover from the inside out, the mind is something that really needs work.  Renewing the mind so that it is how He wants it (which is much better, the best actually, than what I myself could make it).  So today this verse is on my mind a lot:

Philippians 4:8  (MSG)
Summing it all up, friends, I'd say you'll do best by filling your minds and meditating on things true, noble, reputable, authentic, compelling, gracious-the best, not the worst; the beautiful, not the ugly; things to praise, not things to curse.

Today I tried thinking about what I was thinking about.  I learned that phrase from Joyce Meyer.  I have heard that whatever you think about is what you become.  The scripture that says, as a man thinketh in his heart so is he...well it is amazing the things that go through my mind.  But it was also amazing to be able to think about what I was thinking about, and as soon as something came to my mind that was not good I immediately said, God take that thought, and He did and it was hard work, but I tell you what, I have so much peace in the midst of this day its great, thank you Lord!!

This is part of having God as my personal trainer, actually a pretty big part.

Romans 12:2 says this (Message version) Don't become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking.  Instead, fix your attention on God.  You'll be changed from the inside out.  Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it.  Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you.

That is definitely something that isn't part of a regular "diet" plan given to us in the world, your mind.  So I challenge you who want to be made over from the inside out, let God get ahold of your mind, minute by minute throughout the days.  Transformation happens.

Here is Joyce talking about "Think about what you are thinking about"...listen as you can.



So how do I do this throughout my day.  I try and bring God into my moments throughout the day and ask His opinion and His thoughts on each thing I do...talking to Him in my heart all day long, consciously making Him my focus, like filtering everything through Him before I do it.  This takes time and work, but I am willing to go through that because it is His will and I am learning more each day.  It does get easier.  Also, like I said, I think about what I think about and say STOP, God take that thought, when I think something that I feel isn't in line with those things above, actually I haven't thought about those things in Phil 4:8 in a while, so this is a reminder to me what TO think on instead of what NOT to think on.

Lord be with whoever reads this and help them to see how awesome it is to let You renew their mind, and continue helping me learn how to do that as hard as it seems some days.  Thank you.  In Jesus Name, Amen

More later...love to you!
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment