Saturday, February 4, 2012

Life is More Than Food

Life is more than food.  Pound this into my head.

Luke 12:23
For life is more than food, and your body more than clothing.

That is what I am telling myself today, right now.  When I am bored and my day is not filled with things to do, I tend to just say ok let me enjoy some food, something to eat sounds good.  Well really I think God has much more plans for me to serve Him today than for me to sit back and just eat, and not only that, but I will be satisfied in what He has planned, unlike if I sit and eat all day mindlessly.

fast foods,food,French fries,photographs

In my journey to eat as God wants, what is best for me, is to eat only when I am hungry.  I know His food is SO much better than the food I physically eat.  I am free to eat whatever my body calls for...WHEN I am physically hungry, but in the other times God has so many plans AND He wants to fill me with Him.

Jesus said:
John 4:34
"My food," said Jesus, "is to do the will of Him who sent me and to finish His work."
Bibles,books,Christianity,Christians,Genesis,holy books,Jewish,Judaism,Old Testament,Photographs,religions,religious books,scriptures,text
So if Jesus filled up on doing what God wanted Him to do, then that is what I want to do.  Lord show me how to do that today, starting now.  When boredom comes, when my flesh wants to be lazy and does not want to do anything, or I question what do I do that is right and in God's will, what am I supposed to be doing, who am I...when I have those questions please sweep me off my feet with Your love and give me direction and guide me, and all others who read this and desire this as well, so that our main food will be You alone and not eating all day.  In Jesus Name, Amen

More later...Love to you!
Kim

1 comment: