Wednesday, February 15, 2012

I'm Workin' in the Home Wednesday

To plan or not to plan, that is the question.  Heard of that quote before..."to fail to plan is to plan to fail?"  It is important to have a plan, not a legalistic list of things or anything, but a loose plan/schedule/structure for our home and family.  This will cause thriving and not chaos.

architects,blueprints,designs,drafters,drafting,drafting tables,drafting tools,drawing board,drawing boards,drawings,engineering,engineers,horizons,ideas,ingenuity,inventions,men,metaphors,persons,planets,plans,reaching for the stars,road to the future,stars

Why oh why though do I try and control and think I have it all in order and can relax, only to realize that I do not.  Hello!  I need to use the plan/schedule that I created when reading the e-book Tell Your Time.

PresentationPro,communication,concepts,fail,messages,posts,quality,dissatisfaction,sign,survey,failure,text,notices

Fail.  That is what happens when there is no plan.  Things fail or falls apart.  I have a very, very loose schedule for the day now and I do not like to even think about it during the day, it just stays planted in the back of my mind somewhere where I think..."I'll think of it some time or some day."  The reason I do not like to think about it is because I am too focused on wanting to "enjoy" my time and relax and not think about things to do.  (Note there is a scripture that talks about living for pleasure, it doesn't work.)  This seems to trick me though because when I do the plan or stick more closely to the schedule I make, then I have more time to relax and enjoy and when I do it that way I can see all the fruits of my sticking to the schedule by having the home look more organized and clean and have the kids relaxed because their sweet mommy stuck to what she said she was going to do.

This week is going well with my 15-minute cleaning.  Monday was the kitchen.  Yesterday was the bathrooms.  Amazing I was able to spray down each shower and while it soaked I cleaned each sink in our 2 bathrooms, toilets wiped well with Lysol wipes and the floors all wiped down with Lysol wipes...then went back and scrubbed out the showers/tubs and wala, actually right before I was done the timer went off so it probably took me 16 or 17 minutes.  Still, I was like, wow!  Now to make this a habit, hehe!  Today, is the living room.  (Funny laugh out loud moment, I don't even know if this is the right order I wrote on my blog that I was going to follow OR if it is even the same as I wrote on my schedule I wrote down on paper...I just picked a room and said, Ok!)

So I have my schedule all written down.  Before making the schedule though she has you go through what your priorities are and figure out what things are fixed and what things are negotiable.  It was an amazing little journey to go through it and answer all of the questions.  Now to just do it.  Stumble through starting to work the schedule, even though my perfectionist brain wants to do it perfectly, which is another reason I probably have not started honestly trying to live it.  Then I will make progress.  That is what I am going to do.

Here is to sticking to a schedule more closely today (or going now to pray about a schedule for your home and family and how God would see you to do that), so that at the end of the day we can say we were good stewards of our time.

More later...Love to you!
Kim :)

No comments:

Post a Comment