Friday, February 24, 2012

Five Minute Friday-Grit & Grime in Life





On Fridays we write like we believe we can fly. Won’t you join us? (<—Tweet this!)
1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. Please visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments.
OK, are you ready? Give me your best five minutes on:
::

Grit…


I think of the grit and grime of life.  That it comes and it goes.  It is never gone all the time.  There will always be something that comes along and stirs things up.

What could be defined as the grit and grime of life.  Getting dirty in life.  Making mistakes.  Falling down and as I have heard it, failing forward.  I have a messy house.  My kids aren't behaving like I want them to.  I didn't pass my test.  I got reprimanded or corrected at work.  I got in a fender bender and now the car has to go in the shop and I have to change my plans.  Kids get sick and things stand still for a while.  People lose their jobs.  Relationships have grit.  They cause problems with other relationships.  This can be a mess.  Grit.  Grime.  The grit and grime of life.  

view details

What do you do about the grit and grime of life.  You keep on going.  Go right THROUGH it.  Through it is the key.  Because when you go through it you will eventually be out of it.  If you don't go through it then it will be a mountain right in front of you that will prevent  you from...LIVING!!!!  

You see what I am learning lately and is a major focus in 2012, is LIVING.  What are we avoiding in order to sit still and not live.  If we face what we are trying to avoid then despite any pain or hurt felt, we can get past it and maybe even grow in the process.  

It's Life.  There will be grit and grime.  Press on sisters and brothers.  Keep your eye on the prize.

The end.


No comments:

Post a Comment