Sunday, February 5, 2012

I Can't Go Far on My Own

I can't go far without Jesus.  Now that my life is His, I need to learn to let go of control and let Him lead.  I have a mind that goes 90 to nothing throughout the day.  Learning to tune in to His voice and not my own is a challenge indeed and an area I am weak in.  I will boast in that weakness though.  I can't go far on my own.

Isaiah 30:21 says:
Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way; walk in it."

boardwalks,forests,nature,paths,pathways,Photographs

Daily surrender.  Daily choose.  Who am I living for today?  If I try and pick up the reigns in the beginning of a day and set out to do "my" plan, I am going to be a bit confused and not have peace.  If I start my day saying good morning Jesus today is yours and I choose You today, to die to self, and carry my cross and follow "Your" plan, things will go great!

I can run myself in circles all the day long and longer, just like the Israelite's did going an 11 day journey and taking 40 years.  I sure hope, Lord, that I can make my trip MUCH shorter than that and pick up on things much quicker, more of You and less of me.

John 3:30
He must become greater and greater, and I must become less and less.

More later...Love to you!
Kim


2 comments:

  1. For me surrender isn't a daily decision. It is a moment by moment recognition of my desperate need for His direction and guidance. Oh how I need Him!

    ReplyDelete