Friday, February 17, 2012

5 Minute Friday

Joining Gypsy Mama for 5 Minute Friday...where we write for 5 minutes flat-no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.  




DELIGHT!


Ready, set, go...

Delight, the first thing that comes to my mind is.  Delight yourself in the Lord.  Then the rest of that says.  And He will give you the desires of your heart.  What does it mean to delight.  I don't have the ability to look up a dictionary as I am to sit and write for 5 minutes about this topic just flowing and not stopping.  So if I am to determine my own definition, lets give it a shot.

I think of delightful.  Smiles and laughter.  Simply delicious.  It is a light and fluffy word.  Makes me feel good to think about it.  I think no burdens, no worries, floating along delightfully.  

To enjoy.  To be satisfied in.  To relish in.  To be satisfied.


clouds,fluffy,fotolia,skies,summers

Things that delight me.  God and His amazing ways that I seem to question so much, but they always without a doubt end up being wonderful.  Perfect.  Perfect timing.  It is so amazing.  My kids the way they smile.  How resilient they are when they get hurt or have hurt feelings.  They have such child-like faith.  Simply delightful.  

The way that the family just laughs and grows together when there are no pressures from the outside world.  Delightful.  When there are no other cares in the world, but to enjoy the moment.  That is delightful.  

Delight.  Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart.  

Simply amazing.  

God has a plan for today.  He wants to take care of everything.  I am to sit back in my Spirit and delight myself in Him.  His splendor.  His glory.  His perfectness.  His control.  He is perfect.  He is the GREAT I AM.

Be blessed this weekend and lavish in His love.  If you don't know Him, ask Him to sweep you off your feet with His love and surrender to Him.  I am going to work on the same.

More later...Love to you!
Kim

2 comments:

  1. Kim, what I love about Five Minute Fridays is that it allows us to find blogs we might not find otherwise! I fell in love with your blog as soon as I saw it! Just lovely. I found I was using the same verse as you (didn't cite it or quote it quite right - but the idea was there). Delighting in Him is everything and the wonderful delights he give us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too love that I find blogs I might not have otherwise found!! Thank you!

      Delete