Saturday, March 9, 2013

2 Weeks-Be Free Challenge

I stumbled across this blog intentional.me several months ago, and she was talking about her new book that was coming out soon.  I also watched a video of them on a morning news channel talking about the book, called Be Free.  I was curious and I got it.  I read it.  I thought it wasn't completely for me.  I put it aside.  Even deleted it from my Kindle reading app.  I kept feeling a nudge that maybe it would be beneficial to try it.  It may help some of the problems we are having in our health at home-asthma, allergies and eczema, going on.

Be Free: A 14-Day Challenge of Food Discovery


So just this last week I talked with my hubbs about this and really for our little princess who itches often from eczema and thought it would be beneficial to try for 2 weeks eating gluten and milk free ( though I am already gluten free).  What would I be missing if I didn't do it--what if it helped all of her itching like crazy eczema that she struggles with each day.  What if belly aches are no more.  What if my shortness of breath and/or wheeze I get sometimes are no more?  

So we decided I am going to stock up this weekend and we will start tomorrow trying the free challenge.  She mentions several types of foods to eliminate.  I am okay with gluten free.  I find things so satisfying and do not struggle much with it, especially knowing that if I did eat it, I would get so extremely sick it would not even be worth a single bit of it.  

Now the milk...I only think about cheese and the products that I like that have milk in them.  We don't drink milk, and have used Rice Dream Rice Milk for years-and love it.  So I am trying to make lists of foods and meal ideas for all meals of the day that don't have gluten or milk so I can create a gluten free/milk free home for 2 weeks, and longer if we see the benefits.  I also think about eating out, I think about when I am at work and my hubbs will have to find things for my daughter to eat when he is used to being able to feed her whatever she wants-gluten and milk or not.

The soy, I am not going to try yet, as it challenges me to my core.  I already deal with a son gluten free, milk free, egg free, nut free and more, but soy, oh my goodness it is in everything.  Baby steps...but if it is effecting our health badly, I would like to make sure.

So prayers appreciated.  I have some fears, but the possible benefits outweigh the things I am fretting about. Please share with me your experiences if you have gone through anything similar.  I love to know I am not alone in it.  

Have a great day.  More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment