Friday, March 29, 2013

Broken-5 Minute Friday

Writing for five minutes straight about the word broken. Mind you this time I am on my iPhone writing from the blogger app, I am still writing.

I felt like this was the perfect word to write about today. At such a time as this. It is Good Friday. Sometimes I think I try and feel something just because it is that day. And really here is no forcing feelings. So I chose to slow down in my heart.

Slow down. When I slow down my busy thinking and analyzing thoughts I start to see something. I start to see what I need to be in order to stop controlling. Controlling my life.

I need to be broken. I need brokenness in my spirit so I can let Jesus in. When I am broken it takes the pride away. It takes the fake motives away. It leaves me available. To be used by Jesus. To be molded by him.

When I am broken I also allow Jesus to heal me. In ways that if I hadn't slowed down I would have never known I needs healing in.

Broken. Jesus I sit this weekend in brokenness. I am not in control. I need refreshing. I need obedience. I need you. You see I am being reminded you are all that I need.

Seek first the kingdoms of God and all these things will be added unto you.

End.

No comments:

Post a Comment