Friday, March 15, 2013

Rest-Five Minute Friday

 
Five Minute Friday
 
 
 
Writing for 5 mintues straight-no editing, no stopping, ready, set, GO.
 
Rest.  Is there such thing?  I think it seems like there is no rest sometimes because there is something always to do.  The moment I think I can sit down and rest I can't even rest because I am thinking of what else to do or think about or figure out.  I wonder.  What real rest feels like.  Jesus says to rest in Him.  He is rest.  When I am resting in Him I still have to live.  I get confused sometimes how to rest and stay focused on Jesus and then still live and make decisions every day without messing up.  I guess I shouldn't worry about messing up so much.  I guess I need to rest my mind maybe.  My mind seems busy a lot just whirling around with ideas and to-do lists and projects and a lot of times my mind is thinking about what I need to "figure out." 
 
Really.  Rest.  There is no sense in trying to figure anything out.  Seek God.  Read His Word.  Keep Him in the middle of everything I am doing.  And live.  He will direct my paths.  There is rest in that isn't there?  I believe so.  I want to be in that place where I am living and letting God lead and drive and direct and I don't have to ever "figure out" anything else again.  Thank you Jesus for rest.

2 comments:

  1. Kim,
    We're neighbors for Five Minute Friday....
    I'm wondering if word prompts like this aren't an excellent way to discover new perspectives on what rest really is ...
    You are not alone in the seeking...
    Have a great Friday! I look forward to perusing your blog posts : )
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue! Thank you for journeying along :)

    ReplyDelete