Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Why Blog?

The question was posed to me today, "Why blog...what is the purpose for you blogging?"

I had to dig deep to answer this question honestly and my answer was this.

I have so much that I learn and love to share what I learn, but in my everyday life I do not see that many people in person that are willing to listen to all that I have to say or who want me to tell them everything I am learning.  

Wow.  That question shocked me.  I have been questioning whether blogging was something I was really to be doing and what my motive really was.  It is becoming a little clearer that perhaps it is what I am to be doing.  The answer really shows me wanting to share the overflow of my heart.


That brings this scripture to heart.

Luke 6:45 (NLT) A good person produces good things from the treasury of a good heart, and an evil person produces evil things from the treasury of an evil heart.  What you say flows from what is in your heart.

Luke 6:45 (NKJV) A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart brings forth evil.  For out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks.

Said in the same way is this scripture in Matthew:
Matthew 12:34 (NKVJ) Brood of vipers! How can you, being evil, speak good things?  For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.

Matthew 12:34 (NLT) You brood of snakes!  How could evil men like you speak what is good and right?  For whatever is in your heart determines what you say.

My desire here is that I will be sharing out of the overflow of my heart, (my prayer is that it is all good and not evil), what God is showing and teaching me as I grow more and more.  Learning to walk with Jesus, walking by His Spirit.

More later...



No comments:

Post a Comment