Friday, March 1, 2013

Only Drink Water in February Update

So in my 52 Projects in 52 weeks I wanted to try and drink only water in February.  I had gotten in the habit of drinking coca cola or Milo's sweet tea daily and was drinking more of that than water.  The funny thing is I don't care for any other drink and if I weren't drinking those 2 drinks, I would want water.

So I started February 1st and I went 4 days or so and drank only water.  I went through a lot of craziness those 4 days coming off of the caffiene and the sugar.  I had headaches and I felt groggy and irritable, very irritable.  I wrote about my little update here

Then one morning at work I talked myself into drinking a sprite, thinking it would be a good replacement.  Then 10 days after that I had a sweet tea at work and decided I wasn't going to drink Coca cola.  I felt guilty, and wanted to give up altogether, but I didn't.  I did realize how I kind of felt enslaved to the sweet tea at work (I did drink more coca cola at work than tea or anything).  It was like I didn't even want it, but I drank it just because.  I drank it maybe in a sorts like I was trying to sabotoge myself.

So the end result is, I didn't touch Coca Cola the entire month of February.  Today, March 1st I enjoyed 3 glasses of Coca Cola at work and guess what, feel a little blah and have a touch of a headache.  What's up with that?!   

So what did I learn from this little challenge I gave myself?  I learned that I don't think I should abstain from any food or drink or make any rule to do that again, because it was a wrong focus and made me just think how much I couldn't wait until it was over and I really beat myself up because I "messed up" and did not do it the way I had set out to do it.  Maybe God did some work in my heart though as I went through it...right now I feel the urge to go and dump out the 3rd glass of coca cola I have had today and fill it up with WATER!  I am going to guzzle some WATER!  Hmmm...

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment