Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Bible Study


This is the study that I am using right now in my time in the Bible mostly.  I have started several studies during my Hello Morning Challenges, but this is the one I have stuck with the most.  God is using it in my life right now, well His word never returns void so anytime we are in it He uses it and it feeds our Spirit, but I am learning in this study.  It is not set on one specific book, but mostly Job right now.  

I am seeing how all that Job went through, which pales in comparison to any circumstance I am facing, He still was sold out for God.  He had His mind and heart completely set on Him.  I am learning about friendships from reading about the friends that came and tried to help Job.  How they spoke words to Job that could have confused him and not comforted him.  That made me think about my friendships and the words that I use.  

Proverbs 18:21 says, "The tongue can bring death or life; those who love to talk will reap the consequences."

So I thought about my responses to my friends.  I can seem pretty insensitive when I speak to my friends.  What it really comes down to is that I am super tenderhearted (and I am just learning this about myself) and so I hate to see anyone uncomfortable and want to fix it all.  When I cannot fix it all I tend to want to say it will all be okay and that is it.  I am learning that I don't always have to have the right words to say.  I don't always have to say anything at all.  Sometimes my presence and my listening is just enough.  Sometimes our actions can speak louder than words.

My prayer is that I can be more careful with my words.  That I can really pay attention to what is the purpose of my words before they come out of my mouth.  I don't want reap bad consequences for saying something that will not be fruitful or bring life.  I want to be a better friend and not act so quickly in words and seem insensitive, which will hurt them even more.  

That is all for now...I pray I can be a better friend and that I can really not let this slide by  me, but that I can take it to heart and learn from it.  Really apply it to my life.  Pause before speaking and ask God to be my words, all the time, as a habit.  Help me in this Lord, in Jesus Name, Amen

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment